Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Best Seat for 2015 cb500x?  (Read 546 times)

Offline denislordm

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500x
  • City / Town: Kings Lynn
Re: Best Seat for 2015 cb500x?
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2019, 04:01:58 PM »
I use an Airhawk - not cheap, but instantly useable - transferable, when you change your bike - I wouldnt be without it.
Have tried a GEL insert and find they are likely to make you hot and uncomfortable on really warm days - its personal choice really - All the recommendations in the world do not always end up suiting you - trial and error is best - In my Opinion!!  :152:

Offline JMo

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2019, 05:19:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by Kyouma [+]
After riding with my dad for an hour I started noticing discomfort in the seat, do you guys have any suggestions for a new seat? Thanks.

Hi Kyouma - what exactly about it is uncomfortable? - the general thickness of the padding? the shape of the rider saddle area? Pressure under your thighs?

All of these can be addressed in a number of different ways as have already been suggested... You can buy a taller/deeper seat foam (from Seat Concepts for example) if you feel there is a general lack of padding, or you don't like the step between the rider and passenger pads - or similarly get it reupholstered with a gel pad insert as has also been suggested.

If it's the padding under your thighs which is the issue, then you can either trim the foam yourself at 45 and refit the standard cover, go to an upholsterer, or even just buy the 2019 model seat and fit that which is reshaped in that area.

However, it might also just be a case of getting used to a new bike (I'm presuming this bike is new to you) and perhaps experimenting with an Air-Hawk or similar add-on pads as others have suggested.

Hope that helps...

Jenny x

It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline PhilJS

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda CB500X
  • City / Town: Southampton
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2019, 05:26:32 PM »

I tried an airhawk but did'nt like it but then found the Cool Cover from www.coolcovers.co.uk cost 75.00
I used it for when I rode up to Scotland at the end of June, brilliant, much better than expected, no numb ass like I have had before, 1905 mile round trip.
Current Bikes: Honda CB500X 2017 and Harley Davidson Dyna Fat Bob FXDF 2014

Honda extras: MRA Vario Screen, Fenda Extenda, Puig Hugger, Evotech Radiator Guard, Oxford Heated Grips, Barkbuster Storm handguards, Main Stand, R&G Exhaust hanger and blanking plate, Shad Rack and SH39 top case and Pipe Werx Carbon Edge, Oval, Titanium

Online gregjet

• CB500X Pro
  • Go forth and modify
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bundaberg
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2019, 09:49:10 PM »
I agree with JMo about the Seat Concepts cover/pad. I have used them on my last 4 bikes (including my co-current MT07) and LOVE them.  You have to be able to put them on yourself or find an upolsterer you trust as the staples are beyond the use of most hand staplers even heavy duty ones.
Unfortunately SC don't make a CBR/F pad and I have put an R seat on ( Very easy but not straight bolt on). I have posted it on this forum. near the bottom of page 2 https://www.cb500x.com/index.php/topic,7680.10.html.
If you are the sort of rider that actually moves around on you seat when cornering the Airhawk will drive you nuts. Removes you direct connection with the seat when you need to apply active pressure in cornering, and makes the bike feel like it's moving around when it isn't. They work well on cruisers or when touring upright and can't climb off anyway. They do add height though.

Offline ncroadtoad

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 CB500X
  • City / Town: Eastern NC
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2019, 01:37:03 AM »
Interesting thread..  It's ironic that every bike I've every owned, as in all of them, I purchased an aftermarket seat because they were just terrible. After 3,000 miles or so, and several 400 mile days, I was thinking that I don't really need to replace the seat on my CBX.  :001:

We'll see how it works out. Good luck with your search.

Just damn happy to be here...

Online gregjet

• CB500X Pro
  • Go forth and modify
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bundaberg
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2019, 03:29:10 AM »
nctoadroad, You have found you soulmat? Lucky man, the rest of us suffer ( well most of us)

Online ewryly

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2018
  • City / Town: West Hartford
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2019, 04:07:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by gregjet [+]
nctoadroad, You have found you soulmat? Lucky man, the rest of us suffer ( well most of us)

I'm with nctoadroad: I, too, fully expected to have to upgrade my seat, but I'm finding the CBX seat just fine even after multiple 7+ hour days in a row. I think part of what makes it work for me is that it is narrower than the seats on my other bikes.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage