Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: RR engine guard with SW-motech crash bars 2019 model  (Read 282 times)

Offline JM83

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Antwerpen
RR engine guard with SW-motech crash bars 2019 model
« on: August 19, 2019, 09:20:32 PM »
Anybody knows if this combination will fit for the 2019 model.

https://sw-motech.com/en/bike/HONDA/CB500X/2019/PC64/products/protection/crash+bar/4052572037706.htm 

I emailed RR but they didn't know yet. It seems that the sw-motech bars use one attachment point (the lowest one of the two) which is also used by the RR plate?

« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 09:21:19 PM by JM83 »

Offline JMo

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
Re: RR engine guard with SW-motech crash bars 2019 model
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 05:17:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by JM83 [+]
Anybody knows if this combination will fit for the 2019 model.

https://sw-motech.com/en/bike/HONDA/CB500X/2019/PC64/products/protection/crash+bar/4052572037706.htm 

I emailed RR but they didn't know yet. It seems that the sw-motech bars use one attachment point (the lowest one of the two) which is also used by the RR plate?

Hi JM83 -  the Rally-Raid engine guard for the 2019 model uses the original forward engine mounting bolts, and replaces the fat washer between the frame and the engine with their own bracket which the engine guard then fits to just below - leaving the original engine bolt in it's original location. So even if the SW-Motech bar uses that original bolt/location too, there should be no reason why you can't fit both together if you wish.

Whether you should bother with those upper bars at all is an entirely different question of course ;o)

Hope that helps...

Jenny x
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline JM83

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Antwerpen
Re: RR engine guard with SW-motech crash bars 2019 model
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 12:34:32 PM »
Hi Jenny, thanks again for your much appreciated response.

I understand your point about the necessity of upper crash bars (or 'middle ones' as the SW-motechs are not that high) if you're primarly doing gnarly offroad beacause the bike is getting scratched and abused a lot anyways :).

My bike is primarly used on road so that's why I want to keep a brand new bike a little protected. Still wondering about the skid plate too as I've always been really happy with centre stands in the past.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage