Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2019 de cat  (Read 334 times)

Offline yeendy

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: kings Lynn
2019 de cat
« on: August 21, 2019, 06:23:17 PM »
Hi all,  has anybody decat the 2019 model ? 

Offline bobwombat

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X ABS
  • City / Town: Arizona USA
Re: 2019 de cat
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 04:11:21 PM »
Yeendy, no responses to your inquiry so, despite being a CBX newb, I'll take a stab....  If you want to de-cat your exhaust, it looks like you'll have to replace it with a new, full exhaust system.  The cat is welded to the headers & only the rear silencer is removable.  From Forum posts, the word seems to be if you only replace the silencer/slip-on, no fuel re-mapping is required.  But, my guess is if you replace the full system, a re-map might be required.  That said, I haven't seen any sources for fuel re-mapping for this bike other than expensive Power Commander, etc.

Hope this helps & hope others chime in, especially if I'm wrong.  Cheers & ride safely, Bob
Bob from AZ/USA

Offline motorboy

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
  • City / Town: Cajun Country
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 04:36:57 PM »
To me it's such a bad idea with no real benefits it's not worth getting into
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline VDZ

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500xa
  • City / Town: K-W
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 05:20:17 PM »
I remember reading about someone on the forum documenting his procedure, essentially cutting into the cat and gutting it then welding back the part he cut out to get access, he then documented some track runs to compare the results. maybe 2 years back or so if you use the search function.

Offline JMo

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 07:21:01 PM »
You could also try researching what CBR500R owners have done, as the headers [on the previous generation] were basically the same across all three CB models, and I'm sure could be made to fit/a direct fit the 2019 X too if you wanted.

If you do swap the headers for a non-cat front system, you will need to incorporate a O2 sensor eliminator, but again, this ought to be documented amongst the CBR500R crowd.

Personally though, I agree with Motorboy - there really isn't going to be all that much (if any) benefit unless you are looking to tune the rest of the engine too perhaps?

Jenny x
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 07:21:39 PM by JMo »
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline Oyabun

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 500XA, 16 FA
  • City / Town: Europe
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 11:05:44 PM »
I went down that rabbit hole big time, so probably time to chime in.
The new headers are much better than pre 19 ones. Dunno about the 19 bikes, but earlier ones picked up a few Nm torque after decat, but no real big power increase alone. The main difference is in the head, cams and programming.
Having said that while we can flash the 13-18 ecus, the 19 ones are not cracked open so far.
BTW, earlier models could be tuned to 60hp and a good 40% extra torque in the midtange, but too many things need to be addressed to be economic.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage