Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Question re Madstad Windshield for those that have them  (Read 495 times)

Offline terryfred

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Port Townsend
Question re Madstad Windshield for those that have them
« on: September 12, 2019, 07:57:35 PM »
I'm looking a windshields for my new 2017 CBX.  It seems many of you have a Madstad windshield. I've found through J & P Cycles that they have this item for our bikes.  I'm looking at the 20" clear windshield for $270.  It comes with "adjustable brackets."  For those that have this, did the Madstad fit without modification onto the CB500X brackets?  Any issues and recommendations you might have?

Terry

Online oldtexan

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2018 CB500x ABS
  • City / Town: East Texas
Re: Question re Madstad Windshield for those that have them
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 09:39:44 PM »
The Madstad brackets fit perfectly.  The adjustable brackets mentioned allow the windshield to easily raised or lowered, as well as the adjustment of the angle of the windshield (angle from vertical).  I recommend the purchase of the winglets; they help quite a bit in blocking airflow over your torso.

I and others have noticed that the well nuts used for the install eventually will have to be replaced as they tend to get cut by the natural movement of the windshield.  This is not a big problem to correct.

Offline zoomnad

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 18 CB500X/14 VFR
  • City / Town: Fairfield
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 12:05:18 PM »
I bought the Puig touring windshield with the Visor. I'm 5'6" and it is perfect on the lower part of the windshield mount. $170 from Revzilla.
"You meet the nicest people on a Honda"

Offline bitdist

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Ringwood North
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 07:54:44 AM »
I had no problem fitting mine at all and it got rid of the buffeting for me.  I got the 20"

Offline Hobber

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2019
  • City / Town: MZ
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 03:31:49 PM »
PUIG Windshield
Since I (1,86 m tall) was unhappy with the Buffeting along with the Honda Windshield I have made several Trials. By the way the space between the Fuel Tank and the raiser of the handle bar got closed by a 2,5mm rubber piece as per attached photo.
Comparison Original Honda Windshield vs Aftermarket Shield from Puig.
Color: Smoke Grey
Height difference: 95 mm
Height difference Low Pos. Honda Shield vs. Puig Max approx. 135mm
I tried to move the Honda Shield 80 mm up with plate extension w. 40 mm hole spacing. The Gap got closed by cardboard blades for trail purpose. It worked but the gap between upper Frt Fairing edge and Shield edge and the small Shield at that height looked ugly.
This drove me to the decision to buy a Puig Shield at cost of 89 which came w. a fuel coupon of 10 (so 79 was OK to me).
I moved the Puig Shield to the upper position +40 mm as per hole spacing at the Honda Shield bracket.
The Gap (bad looking and allowing air stream) between upper Frt Fairing edge and Shield edge got closed by Aluminum Deflector Plate cutted from 2 mm Aluminum Sheet metal, bended and dull black painted.
For me the combined solution works perfect and it does not look that bad. May be an idea for other CB500X 2019 drivers.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 03:36:07 PM by Hobber »

Offline Hobber

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2019
  • City / Town: MZ
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 05:33:05 PM »
Here some more pics

Recent Topics