Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Engine Vibration  (Read 620 times)

Offline Harry

• CB500X Pro
  • Ride safe / Ride forever
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X white
  • City / Town: Christchurch
Re: Engine Vibration
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2019, 07:51:21 AM »
As has been said by others - they pretty much all do it. From all the discussion over the years it appears that the fitting of engine bars highlights the issue and out of those Givi are just a little more pronounced.
From what I understand the vibration is actually part of the parallel twin engine configuration. I'd say that V-twin bikes wouldn't have the issue.
I get around mine by having a 16T front sprocket so that when I'm doing 100kph the rev's are just below the vibration point.
 :305:
CB500XA - 2014
CBR250r - 2011
GSX250 - 2005

Offline rick01

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Alstonville NSW
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2019, 08:56:45 AM »
Thanks for that Harry I might try a sprocket change  on mine I have Hepco Becker bars on mine my brother has no bars on his and the vibration is not as noticeable I had not considered this as a possible cause of the vibration.
BMW R1200GS BMW G310GS and soon Honda CB500X

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bolton, Lancs
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2019, 10:03:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by rick01 [+]
Thanks for that Harry I might try a sprocket change  on mine I have Hepco Becker bars on mine my brother has no bars on his and the vibration is not as noticeable I had not considered this as a possible cause of the vibration.

Hepco and Beckers here (2016)....no noticeable exaggeration of what vibration was apparent before I fitted them (which wasn't intrusive tbh) Also have SW Motech evo footpegs (big clunky things), heated grips, barkbuster guards with bar-weights and some pretty heftty Aux lights mounted on the tank bars...all of which could potentially negate or contribute to vibrations

As Harry suggested, a sprocket change will shift the apparent onset of any vibes to a different road speed....
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 10:06:08 AM by Jonathan »

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage