Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: CRF250 Racks on a '13 CB500X??  (Read 330 times)

Offline KMGuy

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 CB500X
  • City / Town: Aurora
CRF250 Racks on a '13 CB500X??
« on: September 28, 2019, 12:59:34 PM »
The short version, I used to have a '15 500XA, let it go but now I'm looking at a '13 500X. Someone had posted about using side racks from what I believe was the CRF250l. This was several years ago and I ordered a set and they were inexpensive and worked like a champ. I guess memory is the second thing to go as for the life of me I can't remember for sure which ones I ordered. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bolton, Lancs
Re: CRF250 Racks on a '13 CB500X??
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 06:33:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by KMGuy [+]
The short version, I used to have a '15 500XA, let it go but now I'm looking at a '13 500X. Someone had posted about using side racks from what I believe was the CRF250l. This was several years ago and I ordered a set and they were inexpensive and worked like a champ. I guess memory is the second thing to go as for the life of me I can't remember for sure which ones I ordered. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I owned a CRF 250 L: there are two mounting lugs on either side of the rear subframe. These are used to hold the rear mudguard/seat and tail piece, respectively. The CRF also has rear pillion pegs but the mounting brackets are welded to the frame, rather than bolt fixings. Nothing is impossible, but I'd hazard a guess that side racks for a trail bike wouldn't be suited to the X subframe, but who knows? I've modified some GIVI pannier racks for mine. it's not entirely straightforward but relatively easy to figure out and fabricate. Depends on whether you want full frames for hard cases or support rails for soft bags

Offline KMGuy

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 CB500X
  • City / Town: Aurora
Re: CRF250 Racks on a '13 CB500X??
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 04:40:54 PM »
Hi Johnathan, thanks for the response, I actually finally tracked them down. They're the same as the CBR250R rather than the the CRF, available through webbike japan and sometimes Amazon.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage