Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello from Perth Australia  (Read 402 times)

Offline catstevecam

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X ABS
  • City / Town: Northumberland
Re: Hello from Perth Australia
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2019, 12:22:40 PM »
Brilliant storage solution/s - with ideas like that you could start a business  :152:

Offline harryhendo

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X
  • City / Town: Charlottesville
Re: Hello from Perth Australia
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2019, 03:01:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by Growbag [+]
If you use safe cases as panniers they are strong enough not to require full side frames; just attach each case to the bike at three corner points. My rack/mounting rails are made from 1/4 in (6.4mm) thick aluminium angle, and weigh less than the hand grips they replaced. I prefer bolting over welding of the components as this is better under fatigue loading. I can also dismantle the assembly, pack it inside the panniers for overseas travel, and bolt it on a rental bike at my destination.  Rubber discs at the mounting points provide cushioning and reduce stresses.  Eye nuts are quick to undo to remove the panniers, and can be locked by running a cable through the eyes and padlocking the ends.  I tested this system last year on 2000 km of very rough roads through the Himalayas in Ladakh, India.
That's a very elegant solution. And those safe cases can be purchased in many different sizes and colors. Thanks for posting the pictures mate.
2016 Honda CB500X, Matte Black (bought new 2019)
1987 BMW R80, Black (bought new 1987)
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage