Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Reckless 80 and fat seat  (Read 328 times)

Offline Deeman

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Byron Bay
Reckless 80 and fat seat
« on: October 07, 2019, 10:10:49 AM »
Hi all, just wondering for those that have purchased the Mosko Moto Reckless 80 bag - did the wide seat cause any fitment issues? One of the wonderful Rally Raid crew just told me she shied away (very disappointed) as it didn't quite work. Cheers  :002:

Offline manray

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Puerto Escondido
Re: Reckless 80 and fat seat
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 03:50:55 PM »
They don't fit well, are cumbersome with all the straps and also weigh more empty than equivalent bags.  If you're dead set on getting U shaped luggage have a look at Giant Loop's coyote or great basin bags.  If you are open to pannier style soft bags, I would highly recommend Enduristan Monsoon 3's.

Offline Deeman

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Byron Bay
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 10:48:05 PM »
Thanks Manray, great feedback that confirms what i've heard. I've actually already got the GL coyote but loved the beaver tail and top duffle idea. It's for a RTW trip so has to be a solid decision. Have looked hard at the AS Magadans and MM side panniers but not the enduristans. Will check them out now. Cheers :)

Offline manray

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Puerto Escondido
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 01:09:44 AM »
For RTW, the GL Coyote is likely too small.  I'm almost home after testing my RTW setup over the last 3 weeks and 10000 Kms.  For me it's just about perfect for this little CB.  I had the Mosko BC 35 panniers and they were just bad.  PM me your email and I'll send you some pics..

The Magafans are probably the best RTW bags but they hang too low on the exhaust side on the CB.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 01:12:49 AM by manray »

Offline JMo

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X RRL2
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 11:57:01 PM »
Hi Deeman - If you need a little extra space than the Giant Loop Coyote provides, you can always supplement it with their Rogue dry bag - as I did initally on the G310GS last year, before I realised I could still fit all I needed in the Coyote (including the rolled-up Rogue!) anyway...

Similarly, if you want more of a two bag system, the roll-top of the Coyote means you can just fill the side cheeks and roll the top flat, and secure the Rogue on top.

A third option - as Manray suggests - is to go for their larger capacity Great Basin version of their U bag design - either fit well over the CB seat.

Jenny x
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage