Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rear Tire Hugger  (Read 599 times)

Offline ctracy1432

• CB500X Newbie
  • 500 Rider
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB 500 XkAc
  • City / Town: Honolulu
Rear Tire Hugger
« on: October 16, 2019, 03:14:02 AM »
Anyone installed the rear tire hugger on a 2019?
Honda does not offer the accessory yet, but their is a maker in Germany that says they have one for the 2019. Anyone know about this part from Germany? The picture they show is not a 2019 because the swing arm and the rear brake lines have be updated on the 2019 model. Attached is the Honda OEM one that will fit earlier models.
Also how about the front fender extender that goes on the bottom of the fender. It helps shield the radiator. :006:
500Rider

Offline nbsdave

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2018 500X, ABS
  • City / Town: Sarasota, FL
Re: Rear Tire Hugger
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 09:04:30 PM »

Offline Growbag

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 cb500x
  • City / Town: Perth
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 11:03:26 AM »
*Originally Posted by ctracy1432 [+]
Honda does not offer the accessory yet, but their is a maker in Germany that says they have one for the 2019. Anyone know about this part from Germany? The picture they show is not a 2019 because the swing arm and the rear brake lines have be updated on the 2019 model. Attached is the

It is possible to do a home made job if you can find an old SUV wheel cover, cut out L & R halves and stick them together.  I made mine to extend below the swing arm to fit between the tire and chain to keep dirt off the chain. The original chain cover  is retained.  The hugger is attached to the swing arm with cable ties and adhesive rubber strip, and is still in place after 5000 km rough riding.
For a front fender extender, you can cut a suitable shape from 1/8" insertion rubber sheet and fix it with double sided tape. Again, still on after 5000 km.  Total cost just a couple of bucks, and a fun day in the workshop away from wife.

Offline JM83

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Antwerpen
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 07:09:07 PM »
Can I ask what kind of skidplate that is and if you like it?

*Originally Posted by Growbag [+]
*Originally Posted by ctracy1432 [+]
Honda does not offer the accessory yet, but their is a maker in Germany that says they have one for the 2019. Anyone know about this part from Germany? The picture they show is not a 2019 because the swing arm and the rear brake lines have be updated on the 2019 model. Attached is the

It is possible to do a home made job if you can find an old SUV wheel cover, cut out L & R halves and stick them together.  I made mine to extend below the swing arm to fit between the tire and chain to keep dirt off the chain. The original chain cover  is retained.  The hugger is attached to the swing arm with cable ties and adhesive rubber strip, and is still in place after 5000 km rough riding.
For a front fender extender, you can cut a suitable shape from 1/8" insertion rubber sheet and fix it with double sided tape. Again, still on after 5000 km.  Total cost just a couple of bucks, and a fun day in the workshop away from wife.

Offline Growbag

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 cb500x
  • City / Town: Perth
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 04:38:58 AM »
*Originally Posted by JM83 [+]
Can I ask what kind of skidplate that is and if you like it?
It is off my previous bike, KTM 390 duke, and originally cost~$100 on aliexpress. It is intended for light duty only; slow speed scrub bashing on overgrown tracks. However, fitting was not easy as there are no handy mounting points on the frame of the cb500x.
I like it because it cost almost nothing and gave me a challenging workshop project for a few days.

Recent Topics