Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Any other windshield, besides Madstad, working for you on a 2019 cb?  (Read 526 times)

Offline Topo

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2019
  • City / Town: Grass Valley
Re: Any other windshield, besides Madstad, working for you on a 2019 cb?
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2019, 06:37:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by motorboy [+]
I have seen them for $20 on the net
What do you think of this one, in the smaller size? You think there's a hundred $ difference between this and the MRA?  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Windshield-Wind-Deflector-Windscreen-for-Yamaha-Honda-Harley-Suzuki/283522505915?fits=Year%3A2019%7CModel%3ACB500X%7CMake%3AHonda&hash=item4203421cbb:m:mpYw9YWkOC0QojU8zRYX71g#vi-ilComp
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 06:47:31 PM by Topo »

Offline ewryly

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2018
  • City / Town: West Hartford
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2019, 09:56:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by Topo [+]
This looks promising. So, you're saying it successfully prevents the wind bashing? That would be fantastic. To clarify, you mount it straight up and down, and not angled?

Correct, straight up and down.  I have my screen on the lower setting because of the Barkbusters, but even then I have no issues.

Offline Topo

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2019, 10:38:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by ewryly [+]
Correct, straight up and down.  I have my screen on the lower setting because of the Barkbusters, but even then I have no issues.

Thanks for those pics. Did you say you had a lot of buffeting before putting the MRA on? Is it the bolt on type or clamp? I'm trying to decide on which size to get. I'm finding there are no rules with this issue...everyone seems to have something that works for them...even, some have no issue at all...ha. That's not me  :161:

I have also seen this on ebay (coming from China..takes a while to get here)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Windshield-Wind-Deflector-Windscreen-for-Yamaha-Honda-Harley-Suzuki/283522505915?fits=Year%3A2019%7CModel%3ACB500X%7CMake%3AHonda&hash=item4203421cbb:m:mpYw9YWkOC0QojU8zRYX71g#vi-ilComp

Do you think it's too risky ordering a knock off spoiler like that?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 10:48:27 PM by Topo »

Offline ewryly

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2018
  • City / Town: West Hartford
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2019, 01:11:15 AM »
I have the clamp on version. Once I got up to 50 mph, I had buffeting that was like a vibration or a buzzing that would give me a headache after awhile. The top of the stock screen is small, so the sport model attached a bit on the sides and does not extend the screen very high, but I found the vertical position was more than enough. I gave it a good test this summer on a 5000 mile ride with plenty of 65+ mph days across the Midwest. It is well made and is holding up well. But it is not cheap. I have noticed a number of riders in videos using something like the following. It seems to get good reviews and if it doesn't solve your problem it also doesn't leave you broke. Sven Olson on this site (I forgot his user name) uses something like this and I believe he is pleased.

Goldfire Universal Motorcycle Windshield Airflow Adjustable Windscreen Wind Deflector for Kawasaki BMW Benelli KTM Triumph(Color: Black)) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P1GZRL6/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_6AkZDb1J5AJMV
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 01:12:48 AM by ewryly »

Offline harryhendo

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X
  • City / Town: Charlottesville
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2019, 02:06:19 PM »
I have a California Scientific windshield on my X, and have ridden several 2000+ mile trips with it. No buffeting, and a smooth ride. No need for clip on additions. It bolts right to the same holes as the standard windshield. I highly recommend it.
2016 Honda CB500X, Matte Black (bought new 2019)
1987 BMW R80, Black (bought new 1987)
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA

Offline LadyOfTwoLands

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Madrid
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2019, 02:21:24 PM »
Hi, I wanted to chime in because I have similar experience as Aggie95. My previous bike was a naked, so I didnt even know what buffeting was. After getting the CBX, riding on the highway was horrible, my head was slapped from side to side and I was hearing a lot of noise like explosions, I imagine from the turbulences. I put the windshield higher up, the same. I started investigating about alternative windshields, and in the meantime, since in summer we get temperatures well above 40 C (104 F), I took the windshield off to get more airflow. The buffeting was still the same! I realized changing the windshield probably would not solve it, and I thought it was the air getting in through the gap from the front wheel. I was getting resigned to it and just to have to live with it.

Well, last month I got a new helmet. My previous helmet was Shark Spartan, I dropped it a few times too many to be comfortable, so when the sale came on, I bought a new one. I was going to buy the same brand, but I did not like the colors, everything so dark. So I chose AGV Veloce S (Salom colors :001:) and at first I did not think it was as nice as the Shark, opening the visor with gloves is really awkward, it seems noisier, and it always fogs up whereas the Shark only fogged up on rainy days.

Well, I took a ride the next weekend and I could not believe how comfortable I felt on the highway! Yes I do get a lot of wind noise and the bike still gets slapped around by the wind, but thats it. My head stays comfortable, I dont have to strain to keep it steady, and no turbulence noise! I really am surprised how much difference a helmet can make.

Offline motorboy

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
  • City / Town: Cajun Country
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2019, 02:57:13 PM »
Go to YouTube type in Warro CB500X and see what this guy did
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline Topo

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2019, 03:16:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by ewryly [+]

Goldfire Universal Motorcycle Windshield Airflow Adjustable Windscreen Wind Deflector for Kawasaki BMW Benelli KTM Triumph(Color: Black)) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P1GZRL6/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_6AkZDb1J5AJMV
Thanks...
Ill give that a try. Unlike the MRA, it can be returned. So if it doesnt work, Ill send it back.

Offline Topo

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2019, 03:19:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by LadyOfTwoLands [+]
Hi, I wanted to chime in.....

Thanks...youre the second person who has said a helmet made all the difference. I have a few more things to try, and will then look at a new hat.

Offline Topo

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2019, 03:24:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by harryhendo [+]
I have a California Scientific windshield on my X, and have ridden several 2000+ mile trips with it. No buffeting, and a smooth ride. No need for clip on additions. It bolts right to the same holes as the standard windshield. I highly recommend it.
Ill definitely look into that...have not seen it before. Dont recall revzilla showing it...Ill research on the good isp at work this morning  :152:

Recent Topics