Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Screens...so many threads but still not clear  (Read 1868 times)

Offline Flashp

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Hampshire
Screens...so many threads but still not clear
« on: December 05, 2019, 08:28:57 PM »
Much of what I've read has left me thinking there's no one definitive answer. By contrast, I bought a Givi Airflow for a V-Strom 650 a few years ago and it was brilliant so I thought I'd just get one of those, but they don't make them for this bike. Bit of a shame as the science was right. Laminar air flow.

So many variations on adjustable visors and most not particularly cheap. I don't mind paying the right money but this is looking like a lottery with expensive tickets  :191:  :157:

Offline motorboy

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
  • City / Town: Cajun Country
Re: Screens...so many threads but still not clear
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 04:24:16 AM »
Went through a few on my 2014X than gave up-my 2019X stock shield works very well-it seems the only system that works for the most owners is the Madstad
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline Superplasma

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Brombough
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 09:32:04 AM »
*Originally Posted by Flashp [+]
Much of what I've read has left me thinking there's no one definitive answer. By contrast, I bought a Givi Airflow for a V-Strom 650 a few years ago and it was brilliant so I thought I'd just get one of those, but they don't make them for this bike. Bit of a shame as the science was right. Laminar air flow.

So many variations on adjustable visors and most not particularly cheap. I don't mind paying the right money but this is looking like a lottery with expensive tickets  :191:  :157:

+1,yes same here.

Superplasma

Offline ncroadtoad

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 CB500X
  • City / Town: Eastern NC
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 11:23:56 AM »
+2 on the Madstad.

Put one, to include the side deflectors, on my 2013. Buffeting, to be expected is gone, but the side deflectors maybe made the most noticeable difference. The vast majority of the wind that used to come up around the tank is now gone. Riding the bike at speed is a much more pleasant experience. 
Just damn happy to be here...

Online Neox

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 cb500x
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 02:11:18 PM »
No screen is my solution :001:.

Offline motorboy

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 03:38:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by Neox [+]
No screen is my solution :001:.
That's what I did with my 2014 one- two many beers and before I knew it the brackets were sawed off

Offline foamy

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 CB500x
  • City / Town: Eastern Shore
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2019, 07:34:52 PM »
The screen that came on the '17 (with the two slot holes) seems to work fine. But then, I wouldn't know any better. This is the first street riding I've ever done. I do think I might raise it the extra notch next Springjust to see what kind of difference it makes. As it stands, I'm pretty content.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 07:38:31 PM by foamy »
Greetings from the land of Pleasant Living!

Offline ThirtyOne

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2019, 12:58:08 AM »
*Originally Posted by Flashp [+]

I've tried almost all of them. The best system that I've found is the Tall OEM (mine is a 2013 bike) coupled with a x-creen touring size. I have a Rally Raid top clamp + 1" riser that gives just enough clearance for my Barkbusters when the screen is mounted in the high position. I lost use of the Givi screen with the Barkbusters. It's all one big puzzle.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 12:58:39 AM by ThirtyOne »

Offline motorboy

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2019, 03:34:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by ThirtyOne [+]
I've tried almost all of them. The best system that I've found is the Tall OEM (mine is a 2013 bike) coupled with a x-creen touring size. I have a Rally Raid top clamp + 1" riser that gives just enough clearance for my Barkbusters when the screen is mounted in the high position. I lost use of the Givi screen with the Barkbusters. It's all one big puzzle.
Out of curiosity where have you been-you haven't posted in a long while

Online JMo

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X RRL2
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2019, 07:28:49 PM »
Some screen options are clear. Others are tinted.

Oh.

Jx
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Recent Topics