Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Strange Vibrations or resonance on front at certain rpms  (Read 902 times)

Offline Falcon

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda CB500XA
  • City / Town: Santander
Re: Strange Vibrations or resonance on front at certain rpms
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2020, 08:05:44 PM »
Hello, I have that same problem with my motorcycle and I also have the Givi protection bars, but I don't think that is the problem since before I put the bars I also had the squeaky metallic noise between 3500 and 4500 rpm.
In addition, I have now observed that the motorcycle loses some oil in the area where the water pump is attached to the engine but does so by hole in the base of the engine and I do not know what that hole is for, I do not know if it will be an overflow of oil when there is a lot in the engine.
Can anyone clarify this to me?
Greetings.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 08:08:28 PM by Falcon »

Online motorboy

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
  • City / Town: Cajun Country
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2020, 10:05:52 PM »
That is called a weep hole and it means your water pump is going bad-but if it's not leaking much don't think I would worry much just watch it when you start to see a small puddle after each ride than change it
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline timur

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Madrid
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2020, 04:54:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by Falcon [+]
Hello, I have that same problem with my motorcycle and I also have the Givi protection bars, but I don't think that is the problem since before I put the bars I also had the squeaky metallic noise between 3500 and 4500 rpm.
In addition, I have now observed that the motorcycle loses some oil in the area where the water pump is attached to the engine but does so by hole in the base of the engine and I do not know what that hole is for, I do not know if it will be an overflow of oil when there is a lot in the engine.
Can anyone clarify this to me?
Greetings.
Definitely seems like oil leak from water pump. I suppose your bike is on warranty so it shouldn't be a problem to replace the pump.

Regards

Offline Falcon

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda CB500XA
  • City / Town: Santander
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2020, 05:23:31 PM »
Hi. Thanks for the answers.
It seems to me that, a problem of adjusting the water pump to the engine block and in the Honda workshop they have told me that they have processed the warranty with Honda Spain, which I do not understand because I bought the motorcycle from my Dealer not to Honda Spain.
Anyway, I am waiting for a call from my Dealer to see if they change the water pump completely, as I have been told.
Greetings.

Recent Topics