Author Topic: Strange Vibrations or resonance on front at certain rpms  (Read 1874 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline feroinsomnia

  • CB500X Newbie
  • *
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 4
  • Country: it
Guys I hope someone's gonna help me on this problem I've had for the last week on my new CB500X 2019.

I bought this awesome motorcycle just a week ago, and in these 250 kms me and my bike made together I noticed there is some kind of sharp scratching noise at around 4500 rpms, on any gear, be the engine hot or not. Strange plus it comes from the front end of the bike, making me think it comes from the givi bars I made the dealer mount on it.

I'm quite worried, and before going to the dealer again I'd like to know the opinion of someone who seriously rides this bike.
A massive thank you to anyone who will decide to help me out. Cheers!

Online motorboy

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1356
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
  • Country: us
Re: Strange Vibrations or resonance on front at certain rpms
Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 12:53:07 AM
*Originally Posted by feroinsomnia [+]
Guys I hope someone's gonna help me on this problem I've had for the last week on my new CB500X 2019.

I bought this awesome motorcycle just a week ago, and in these 250 kms me and my bike made together I noticed there is some kind of sharp scratching noise at around 4500 rpms, on any gear, be the engine hot or not. Strange plus it comes from the front end of the bike, making me think it comes from the givi bars I made the dealer mount on it.

I'm quite worried, and before going to the dealer again I'd like to know the opinion of someone who seriously rides this bike.
A massive thank you to anyone who will decide to help me out. Cheers!
It's a known fact that many crash bars make the bike vibrate and make noise-the only way to be sure is to remove them and ride
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline timur

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 425
  • Country: es
Re: Strange Vibrations or resonance on front at certain rpms
Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 10:42:38 AM
*Originally Posted by feroinsomnia [+]
Guys I hope someone's gonna help me on this problem I've had for the last week on my new CB500X 2019.

I bought this awesome motorcycle just a week ago, and in these 250 kms me and my bike made together I noticed there is some kind of sharp scratching noise at around 4500 rpms, on any gear, be the engine hot or not. Strange plus it comes from the front end of the bike, making me think it comes from the givi bars I made the dealer mount on it.

I'm quite worried, and before going to the dealer again I'd like to know the opinion of someone who seriously rides this bike.
A massive thank you to anyone who will decide to help me out. Cheers!
Scratching noise + vibration seems like there is something loose there. Check the Givi bars bolts torque - maybe some bolt need to be tighten.

Regards

Offline hilldweller

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1859
  • Bike: CB500X
  • Country: gb
Re: Strange Vibrations or resonance on front at certain rpms
Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 11:34:08 AM
On the pre-2019 Xs the general opinion is that the bike resonates at 5000 rpm. This can be made much much worse by Givi bars.

If you search for "givi bar" "crash bar" or "resonance" you'll find loads of people with similar problems.

I removed my Givi bar and got my money back.
Brian.

Offline feroinsomnia

  • CB500X Newbie
  • *
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 4
  • Country: it
Re: Strange Vibrations or resonance on front at certain rpms
Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 12:17:32 PM
Thanks already for feedback, but do you know if this phenomenon can damage the bike on the long term, accepted the annoying noise?

Offline timur

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 425
  • Country: es
Re: Strange Vibrations or resonance on front at certain rpms
Reply #5 on: December 11, 2019, 12:30:56 PM
*Originally Posted by feroinsomnia [+]
Thanks already for feedback, but do you know if this phenomenon can damage the bike on the long term, accepted the annoying noise?
Definitely yes. The noise is a symptom of some loose part that vibrates badly and eventually it might break by fatigue crack. If this noise comes from engine bar the bolts that support the bars and the engine could suffer from fatigue. So the best tning you can do is to check the bolts and to tighten them if they are loose.

Regards

Offline hilldweller

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1859
  • Bike: CB500X
  • Country: gb
Re: Strange Vibrations or resonance on front at certain rpms
Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 01:33:21 PM
*Originally Posted by feroinsomnia [+]
accepted the annoying noise?

Don't do that, you paid good money to buy the bike/bars - it is a lovely sweet bike, this will ruin it for you.

Are the bars by Givi ?

I changed to Hepco and Becker lower bars - they fitted perfectly, no vibration and I proved they work well when it fell over once.
Brian.

Offline choyashi

  • Ex Member
  • CB500X Member
  • *
  • Posts: 67
  • Bike: 2017 CB500X
  • Country: us
Re: Strange Vibrations or resonance on front at certain rpms
Reply #7 on: December 12, 2019, 09:18:36 PM
Touch the bars while you are riding, and see how much they vibrate
at different speeds/ RPM's.
Check all the mounting points to make sure the mechanics
didn't miss tightening something.
Also, see if the bars touch some part of the body work or motor.
(Other then where they attach.) 
 Maybe you can pin point the problem.     :305:

P.S. Don't run into the back of a car while feeling the bars!!

Offline schraddelrudi

  • CB500X Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • CB500X PC64
  • Bike: CB500X PC64
  • Country: de
Re: Strange Vibrations or resonance on front at certain rpms
Reply #8 on: December 29, 2019, 05:13:23 PM
Hallo i had also a high frequncy noise from the front at different rpm. I find out that comes from the Silver plastic top cap of the steering axis. The cap become loose and some air is passing by and generate some noise. To test - press it down while you hear it. 

The silver cap below to the Honda icon on the upper fork bridge
Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 05:14:11 PM by schraddelrudi

Offline Falcon

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 12
  • Bike: Honda CB500XA
  • Country: es
Re: Strange Vibrations or resonance on front at certain rpms
Reply #9 on: January 19, 2020, 07:54:25 PM
*Originally Posted by schraddelrudi [+]
Hallo i had also a high frequncy noise from the front at different rpm. I find out that comes from the Silver plastic top cap of the steering axis. The cap become loose and some air is passing by and generate some noise. To test - press it down while you hear it. 

The silver cap below to the Honda icon on the upper fork bridge


Hello, can you tell me where you bought that invention to eliminate the wind coming from the handlebar hole and that it is like a transparent plastic? Or have you made it?
Greetings.

 



victorious-backstage