Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Instead of the CB500X  (Read 3856 times)

Offline motorboy

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
  • City / Town: Cajun Country
Re: Instead of the CB500X
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2020, 06:20:53 PM »
In the USA same bike 2019-2020 same color same price- I think Honda is trying to limit the 500X in the USA due to a over flow of new unsold bikes still in inventory
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Online JMo

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X RRL2
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2020, 07:04:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by motorboy [+]
there are none in my area to even think of a swap there use to be when the bike first came out now all gone have not seen another one
in years only a new 2017 at the dealer -have not asked him to swap maybe he would -wonder why the 2019 seat is cheaper than the old one?

It's quite possible that something in the supply chain for the 2019-on bikes changed - the volume required/forecast, a different factory, slightly different material specification, the exchange rate at the time the production started etc.

It's certainly the case with other parts too - even those which are physically the same shape such body panels and fuel tanks on the 2013-15 models (and the upper fairing panels on the 2016-18 too) - their prices can vary quite significantly from year to year, although fortunately generally speaking it tends to be the later year models that have cheaper parts prices, which I imagine is based on projected volumes, and now that a model is established.

Jx
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Online JMo

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X RRL2
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2020, 07:11:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by motorboy [+]
In the USA same bike 2019-2020 same color same price- I think Honda is trying to limit the 500X in the USA due to a over flow of new unsold bikes still in inventory

I'm not sure there are actually all that many in the US dealer network at the moment, I think it's more that traditionally Honda don't start supplying their 'model year' until the spring of the actual year (unlike KTM who seem to launch them six months earlier in the previous year!) - for example, traditionally UK dealers only start to get their actual model year bikes in the March of each year, and I suspect the same will happen in the US.

I was going to say, "it's still only January" - but of course we are a few days into February now of course...

As for the continuation of the same (and only colour) for the US market this year - I'd agree that is probably to do with the fact that the new model was only officially launched in the second half of 2019, so any remaining dealer/warehouse stock is not going to have to be immediately discounted in such an obvious way.

Plus red looks good of course... and will hopefully appease all those who moaned that the US only ever got black (and one year white) for the first few years ;o)

Ironically, I'd actually prefer black for the new model.

Jenny x
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 07:14:14 PM by JMo »
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline CB-500-X

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB 500 X
  • City / Town: South Florida
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2020, 12:27:04 AM »
Motorboy id be interested in a swap. PM me if you wish.

Recent Topics