Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Mid pipe  (Read 689 times)

Offline Xventure

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mid pipe
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 06:02:45 PM »
There are a couple slits, I will try to get a better clamp then. The on that was provided is strong enough to hold itself but doesn't seem to do any tightening on the pipe itself. Thanks

Online Oyley

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
  • City / Town: West Bradford
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2020, 11:08:18 PM »
You might be able to get a sort (20mm) off cut of pipe from a local exhaust shop and cut one slit in that to make an inner sleeve to take up the gap,better than over deforming the outer pipe,along with some exhaust sealer..you may have to cut a slit and try it around the inner pipe and open up the slit to make a snug fit,keep it a little tight so it sort of holds its own over the inner pipe.Its basically a sleeve.

Online Oyley

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
  • City / Town: West Bradford
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2020, 11:11:29 PM »
I had a misspent youth fitting the noisiest pipes I could on my CB750....none were designed to fit my bikes,at all,a reverse cone megaphone made the sweetest sound but alas, attracted the boys in blue far too often. :179:

Offline Xventure

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2020, 02:11:07 AM »
Will definitely check the bike shop and whatnot once weather's good. Canadian winter :)

And lol ya I did straight pipe as I was fiddling with the exhaust and it sounded bad ass. Would def get too much attention  😂

Recent Topics