Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Honda cb500x 2019 vs yamaha tracer 700 2020  (Read 3651 times)

Offline Erik

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013-CB500XA
  • City / Town: Slovenia
Re: Honda cb500x 2019 vs yamaha tracer 700 2020
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2020, 05:43:18 PM »
Let me give you my experience - I have a CB500x since the beginning of 2016 and I was thinking about a new bike after the end of the third season (autumn 2018). Not so much because I was missing something -  more to have slightly more "serious" bike and a few more HP. On paper Tracer 700 was perfect - the same weight, similar measurements. I went on a test ride with intention to purchase my new toy.

After the test ride I was a bit disappointed  :161:- not because the bike wouldn't be good, far from it, but because I expected the bike would be better in every way then CBX. The "problem" is, CBX is too good or rather said, Tracer is not so much better.

For my notes I wrote down - Pros: 
- the engine is much more powerfull (acceleration), It accelerate at every speed,
- the position on the bike is almost the same as on CBX - maybe elbows a little more bent and hands in a little lower position,
- I really like the front mask with dual symmetrical lights (btw, I dont like the look of a new Tracer),
- wider rear tire
Cons:
- engine sound is very scooter  :151: - it bothers me very much, first thing is to change exaust,
- motor protection vibrates and feels a little bit on the levers - not too distracting,
- wind protection is very similar as CBX (maybe a bit worse at higher speeds) and is better to be set on lowest position, the visor on the highest position is shaking a bit helmet that I don't like,
- the wind starts to feel at speeds above 130 km / h, above 140-150 it is already very much on the limit,
- there is less space under the seat,
- plastic tank,
- the last shock absorber is not adjustable,
- seat "comfort" is something like CBX

My conclusion:
the difference was not so big to justify replacement or:
- if you will ride with a pillion, Tracer is definitely better pick,
- if you are buying a bike and you don't have bike (CBX) yet -  :084:, buy Tracer  :046:
- If you already have CBX and you will more or less ride one up - keep it  :152:

Don't let a pub buy you a bike (or a forum), buy what suits you and don't bother with opinion of others. Make your own choice since you also (probably) didn't ask others, when you were chosing your wife/girl friend, if she was good.

Erik
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 05:53:13 PM by Erik »

Offline timur

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Madrid
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2020, 06:40:21 PM »
Tested today Tenere 700 and definitely I'm in love. Sweet and torquey engine, relaxed riding position, precise gearshifting. I'm 175cm and 65kg and was worried about Tenere seat height but there wasn't any problem with it. Very nimble and flickable bike and superb stability on high speed.

Also tried to found some issue with engine jerkiness but again - found it silky smooth even at 1st gear in dense traffic jam. And zero vibrations on highway - just a bit of low frequency throb. It haven't this buzzing feeling that annoys me on my CBX when I travel.

Gearbox - liked it too. It's precise and IMHO gear ratios are perfect for this bike - they are quite close one to another. It's very easy to mantain optimum engine RPMs at any speed.

The unique thing that didn't liked is the suspension but I think some tweaking with adjustments would improve it - seems like too much rebound and compression damping there for my taste. And if it doesn't help there is a lot of aftermarket options.

Also found bit more wind blast comparing to my bike but I suppose it has easy fix - Puig deflector or something similar. And the dashboard vibrates a bit...

I think Tenere would make me happy for many years - felt sad when returned it to the dealer. Very friendly machine despite its appearance.

Offline timur

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Madrid
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2020, 08:48:06 AM »
Tracer 700 2020 for 8600 euros in Spain :082: I was saving money for Tenere but 8600 is fairly good price IMO for this bike.

Offline Applecorp

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: MT-09 Tracer
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2020, 05:22:27 AM »
Looks good.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage