Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Which crashbars for 2013 cb500x that would save from dropping/lowside?  (Read 1166 times)

Offline North Season

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 CB500XA
  • City / Town: Prince George BC
Re: Which crashbars for 2013 cb500x that would save from dropping/lowside?
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2020, 10:13:18 PM »
I have a 2017 500x with SW Motech lower crash bars installed. This summer rounding a corner I put her into the ditch on a gravel road about 25kph. Scratched up the tank and me a bit but no damage to the lower end. Just installed the bash guard this winter also SW Motech. Just in case..https://photos.cb500x.com/image/jCCiH
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 10:16:19 PM by North Season »

Online Swanny

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Nr Bath
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2020, 01:37:54 AM »
Blimey that's a good advert for buying bars
Life... It's Just a Ride  :305:

Offline foamy

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 CB500x
  • City / Town: Eastern Shore
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2020, 05:02:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by Swanny [+]
Blimey that's a good advert for buying bars

I'll go along with that.
Greetings from the land of Pleasant Living!

Online JMo

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X RRL2
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2020, 06:09:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by bartiz [+]
Bike came with TKC 70 and Barkbusters fitted on it. Don't think I'll touch that.

That's some good advice there. Cheers!

No worries, just be aware there is a considerable difference in tread pattern between the TKC70 and the TKC80 - the 80 is a much more block shaped open-treaded tyre, suitable for grip on loose surfaces - the 70 is much more road-biased with no real tread down the centreline of the tyre, so you'll still skitter around on slippery loose surfaces with the 70s fitted compared to the 80s.

Just take it easy, and maybe take Japes up on his offer to show you a few trails - plus consider a training day to learn the principles of riding on loose terrain if you're not already familiar - balance and traction are the key components there of course.

Jenny x
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 06:09:54 PM by JMo »
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline bartiz

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: cb500x 2013
  • City / Town: East Yorkshire
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2020, 08:54:00 PM »
Just for the record, does anyone know any offroady courses in UK for complete beginners?

Online JMo

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X RRL2
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2020, 09:03:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by bartiz [+]
Just for the record, does anyone know any offroady courses in UK for complete beginners?

If you want Honda specific, there is Dave Thorpe's school: http://davethorpehonda.com

Otherwise there is Desert Rose Racing/Adventure Bike Academy (who are in the south east, although run events in other parts of the UK too), Geriant Jones' Yamaha off-road school in mid/north Wales and Simon Pavey's BMW school in south wales which I know of off the top of my head - I'm sure there are a few more too that other people can recommend...

All will be able to teach you the basic principles of riding off-road, together with a focus on larger 'adventure' bikes if that is your preference.

Give them a google/email and see what the offer?

Hope that helps...

Jenny x
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline retrorob53

• CB500X Pro
  • dont ride faster than your angel can fly.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500x
  • City / Town: St.Mawgan
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2020, 11:16:12 PM »
I use hepco and becker engine and tank guards. plus bark busters. Dropped mine fully loaded in France only damage the plastic on the left hand barkbuster shattered replaced cheaply. Small scratch on pannier and on the engine guard. Otherwise only my feelings hurt. Without the protection who knows would I even have got home.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage