Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Blaze Panniers on 2019 Model  (Read 348 times)

Offline Snapback

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Sydney
Blaze Panniers on 2019 Model
« on: January 31, 2020, 05:33:12 PM »
Hello there,
I have recently purchased a 2019 model, and close to purchasing a set of blaze panniers, and all reviews are great.
There is only 1 video I can find with them on the 2019 model though, and it appears the bag touches the exhaust.
The exhaust on the later model appears a little higher.
Has anybody out there fitted these panniers to a 2019 model and can confirm there is plenty of clearance and give me a picture.
I assume as the mounting bar is fixed there is no room for adjustment?

Thank you.

Offline Pete W

• CB500X Member
  • PeteW
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2019
  • City / Town: Richmond, NZ.
Re: Blaze Panniers on 2019 Model
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 09:40:04 PM »
Hi Snapback,
Before you buy, think carefully about how much you really want to carry - the bigger the panniers, the more you'll stuff in them, unless you're very careful.  I travel as light as possible (a carry-over from sea kayaking and backpacking), so fitted Hepco & Becker C-bow mounts and Royster soft luggage.  If I need more than these carry, I just strap a smallish waterproof bag across the pillion.  The soft luggage is waterproof and light.  The C-bow mounts look okay when the bags are removed.  I used the same arrangement on my previous bike (a Ducati).

Pete W
PeteW

Offline Snapback

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Sydney
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 07:52:55 AM »
Hi Pete,
Thanks for your reply. I am looking at the C Bow after your comments, and like the orbit cases also but will look at all.
Can you tell me the width across the C Bow mounts as well as the width across the bags once fitted.
No real pictures from behind on their website.
Do you love the C Bow stuff?
I was hoping to get away with as little mounts as possible.

Thanks

Offline Pete W

• CB500X Member
  • PeteW
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2019
  • City / Town: Richmond, NZ.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 04:28:12 AM »
Hi Snapback,
Sorry about delay in replying - been travelling for a few days.  The C-bow's fit tapers, front to back.  At the widest point (front of mounts) it measures 52cm across.  The Royster bags I use at their widest measure 92cm.

Hope this is useful.

Pete
PeteW

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage