Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: To Bark or Not to Bark?  (Read 650 times)

Offline markking

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Pulloxhill
Re: To Bark or Not to Bark?
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2020, 07:40:58 PM »
I've got Barkbuster Storms fitted to my 2016 500X (they were fitted when I got it) and my observations are as follows:

1. Great for keeping the cold wind off my hands but happily not had to see how they hold up in an off.
2. You have to fit spacers and longer screws to move the windscreen forwards otherwise the busters run into it on full lock.
3. I thought I might like to move the handlebars back a touch to put the grips at a better angle and reduce the reach to the bars. Couldn't do it - the inner Barkbuster mounting brackets clash with the top of the side fairings either side of the tank on full lock.
3. I couldn't adjust the levers to a comfortable position - the clutch lever clashed with the base of the plastic guard. Fitting a set of shorty adjustable MX-type levers sorted that issue.

In conclusion, nice accessory but limit lever and handlebar adjustment once fitted, and you have to space the screen out.

Offline richardbd

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
Re: To Bark or Not to Bark?
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2020, 08:44:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by markking [+]
I've got Barkbuster Storms fitted to my 2016 500X (they were fitted when I got it) and my observations are as follows:

1. Great for keeping the cold wind off my hands but happily not had to see how they hold up in an off.
2. You have to fit spacers and longer screws to move the windscreen forwards otherwise the busters run into it on full lock.
3. I thought I might like to move the handlebars back a touch to put the grips at a better angle and reduce the reach to the bars. Couldn't do it - the inner Barkbuster mounting brackets clash with the top of the side fairings either side of the tank on full lock.
3. I couldn't adjust the levers to a comfortable position - the clutch lever clashed with the base of the plastic guard. Fitting a set of shorty adjustable MX-type levers sorted that issue.

In conclusion, nice accessory but limit lever and handlebar adjustment once fitted, and you have to space the screen out.

VPS on my 2016 RR Level 3, Renthal bars and risers. Puig touring screen. No problems or limits on turning circle or screen adjustment - just...

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage