Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Satnav mount  (Read 776 times)

Offline Oyley

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
  • City / Town: West Bradford
Satnav mount
« on: February 06, 2020, 06:35:47 PM »
Satnav mounts...
In the past I have used Ram mounts as they are transferable between different bikes with ease but for my 19MY CB500x and my resting in storage T7..I thought it would be nice and neat to find a mount that would it directly onto the bar that Honda and Yamaha provide.
Well...Rally Raid Products have released just the product that should work for both bikes...So,I just ordered one to try,check it out, part no RRP 643.
Judging by the quality of previous products I suspect it will be just fine and at 36-00 plus P&P I think its quite a competitive price.

Online JMo

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X RRL2
Re: Satnav mount
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 07:29:52 PM »
Yes, Adam [from Rally-Raid] did a video about it recently, I think it's a really well thought-out product, he did a great job!

Jx
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Online Lancs-lad

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 cb500x
  • City / Town: Colne
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 09:36:00 PM »
I noticed that the other day, nice piece of kit but I picked up an ICONIC mount for peanuts on eBay a few weeks ago a bit more "agricultural" than the new Rally-Raid one though.
Red Rose Classic MCC

Offline Mister Paul

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
  • City / Town: North Somerset
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 11:12:41 AM »
It's a great, well-priced mount. It's just a shame they haven't made it available in more standard sizes. They'd sell more, and bikers would have more choice.

Offline Oyley

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2020, 11:38:03 AM »
What would be a more standard size in this location on the bike?

Offline Mister Paul

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 01:21:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by Oyley [+]
What would be a more standard size in this location on the bike?

The Cosmo bar is 22mm. There's an SRC one which is 22mm. Palmer Products offer 1/2" and 3/4"...

Offline Oyley

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 02:08:09 PM »
But do SRC and Palmer products do 12mm mounts?

Offline Mister Paul

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 02:43:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by Oyley [+]
But do SRC and Palmer products do 12mm mounts?

No. Why?

Offline Oyley

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 03:08:18 PM »
Well...between companies mentioned a number of sizes are covered...so we have a choice.
A single company cannot cover all bases with a bespoke mount...I have used universal fit mounts such as Ram but even they have limitations and often require a third party company to provide something more bike or mount bar specific.It is,as in all cases all down to the economics of designing and manufacturing, in multiples of units and having them sat on the shelf waiting for orders which may or may not materialise.
As RR have for some time chosen to make available modifications/accessories for the CB500X  and more lately the T7,it makes perfect business sense to design/manufacture products for those bikes.
I know as a multiple bike owner that it can be frustrating at times....I log on to Nippyy Normans or Touratech and see some nice products but are they available for my CB500X or T7 ? NO.
So,where do I go from there? Rally Raid Products of course as they are known for providing products for the Bikes I own.
If the satnav mount was for a 14mm bar I would still have bought the product and used some tape to  increase the bar diameter...or if bar diameter was less than the 12mm...And there was enough 'meat' in the mount,I would have removed some of the metal to fit.
I'm old enough to remember that most 'additions' to my bikes had to be made ir modified...but nowadays I must admit,I would think like yourself and just want it it fit out of the box. :001:

Online hilldweller

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Macclesfield
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2020, 03:14:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by JMo [+]
Yes, Adam [from Rally-Raid] did a video about it recently, I think it's a really well thought-out product,
Jx

Was it an optical illusion or did that RAM ball mount only fir on one side ?
Brian.

Recent Topics