Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2018 or 2019?  (Read 544 times)

Offline motorboy

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
  • City / Town: Cajun Country
Re: 2018 or 2019?
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2020, 10:16:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by VA-CB500X [+]
Thanks!  When you say “no freight or set-up”, do you mean you were not charged for either of these?

If anyone else has any recent sale price data they are willing to share, that would be much appreciated by those if us who are shopping!
Yes- not charged only paid bike tax& license-now that I think about it to get that DL650 for almost $3,000 off I'll bet there are a bunch of add on charges
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline diverg

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Houston
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2020, 11:35:51 AM »
*Originally Posted by motorboy [+]
Yes- not charged only paid bike tax& license-now that I think about it to get that DL650 for almost $3,000 off I'll bet there are a bunch of add on charges
I went back to the Suzuki dealer and asked a sales person what their fees were. Said Freight was $750 and $250 for something else. I pretty much stopped listening after hearing $750. What I would like to know is what is destination charge? Manufacturer says destination charge is $395 which I assume is freight/shipping.

Offline motorboy

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
  • City / Town: Cajun Country
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2020, 03:21:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by diverg [+]
I went back to the Suzuki dealer and asked a sales person what their fees were. Said Freight was $750 and $250 for something else. I pretty much stopped listening after hearing $750. What I would like to know is what is destination charge? Manufacturer says destination charge is $395 which I assume is freight/shipping.
Well put a big X to the Suzuki I hate when I see dealers low ball a price than hit you with those charges-with Honda in the USA the dealers get   whole back money from Honda that almost pays for shipping- sounds like this may be your first new bike purchase if so Houston is a big place I'll bet there are  10 or better Honda dealers within an hour drive- time to do your home work and shop around-you will find a dealer that is hungry-use this as a reference- there is a new 2017 non ABS for $5000 no add on charges at my local dealer-happy hunting
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 03:41:44 PM by motorboy »
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline diverg

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Houston
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2020, 06:47:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by motorboy [+]
Well put a big X to the Suzuki I hate when I see dealers low ball a price than hit you with those charges-with Honda in the USA the dealers get   whole back money from Honda that almost pays for shipping- sounds like this may be your first new bike purchase if so Houston is a big place I'll bet there are  10 or better Honda dealers within an hour drive- time to do your home work and shop around-you will find a dealer that is hungry-use this as a reference- there is a new 2017 non ABS for $5000 no add on charges at my local dealer-happy hunting
The Honda is still in the running, but I found a 2019 XT Online with an OTD price of $7158, but I would have to have it shipped. So I approximate another $400 for that.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage