Basic Search



Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2020 CB500X  (Read 1141 times)

saimon87 and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Swanny

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 295
  • Country: england
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Nr Bath
2020 CB500X
« on: February 11, 2020, 11:18:21 PM »
New paint work and panels painted.
Silver option
Engine is black
Camo has gone
Stripe on tank
Single hole exhaust

No idea what he's saying and I'm not sure the chap he's talking to knows either  :001:



Maybe you can spot some more differences ?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 11:21:00 PM by Swanny »
Life... It's Just a Ride  :305:

Online motorboy

  • CB500X Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 980
  • Country: us
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
  • City / Town: Cajun Country
Re: 2020 CB500X
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 12:34:57 AM »
*Originally Posted by Swanny [+]
New paint work and panels painted.
Silver option
Engine is black
Camo has gone
Stripe on tank
Single hole exhaust

No idea what he's saying and I'm not sure the chap he's talking to knows either  :001:



Maybe you can spot some more differences ?
I have noticed that some countrys have the two hole exhaust and some one hole on the 2019
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Online VA-CB500X

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 94
  • Country: us
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 CB500X
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 01:03:28 AM »
Swanny, dont you have a 2020?

Offline woody

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 382
  • Country: gb
    • View Profile
  • Bike: MY18 CB500XA
  • City / Town: The Fens
Re: 2020 CB500X
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 06:59:18 AM »
Silver looks good and prefer the stripe to the camo but that's all personal preference :306: hopefully we'll find more out soon :152:

Offline Swanny

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 295
  • Country: england
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Nr Bath
Re: 2020 CB500X
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 08:59:31 AM »
*Originally Posted by VA-CB500X [+]
Swanny, dont you have a 2020?

Well it was registered on the 28th January but I expect it was built in 2019
I certainly doesn't have any of that paintwork.
Maybe it's only South America that gets that paintwork?
 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 09:23:07 AM by Swanny »
Life... It's Just a Ride  :305:

Online VA-CB500X

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 94
  • Country: us
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 CB500X
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 10:56:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by Swanny [+]
Well it was registered on the 28th January but I expect it was built in 2019
I certainly doesn't have any of that paintwork.
Maybe it's only South America that gets that paintwork?

I would suspect yours is actually a model year 2019, then.  The MY should be indicated in the VIN.

Online JMo

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1413
  • Country: us
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X RRL2
Re: 2020 CB500X
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 05:13:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by Swanny [+]
Well it was registered on the 28th January but I expect it was built in 2019
I certainly doesn't have any of that paintwork.
Maybe it's only South America that gets that paintwork?

Yes - be aware that the South American market [Brazil especially] has traditionally had alternative colour schemes to the EU and North American models...

There is no guarantee you'll see those decals (or even the silver paint) on the 2020 bikes in the UK, and the US has already confirmed the red of the 2019 model stays through 2020 in the USA.

(it's also worth noting that the black engine cases where/are used on the CMX 500 Rebel version).

Jenny x

ps. I'm pretty sure someone already posted a photo of this silver paint scheme on here, but it might have been Facebook? - saying it was a Brazilian spec bike.

pps. Yep, turns out it was Facebook - found it here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3002809409732200&set=g.#&type=1&theater&ifg=1
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 05:21:10 PM by JMo »
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline Swanny

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 295
  • Country: england
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Nr Bath
Re: 2020 CB500X
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 06:17:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by VA-CB500X [+]
I would suspect yours is actually a model year 2019, then.  The MY should be indicated in the VIN.

Yea I would have thought so. I imagine it takes a while for the 2020 bikes to get here from Thailand
Had a look at the VIN and there isn't a 19 or a 20

Thanks Jenny  :002:
Life... It's Just a Ride  :305:

Online VA-CB500X

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 94
  • Country: us
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 CB500X
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 06:52:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by Swanny [+]
Yea I would have thought so. I imagine it takes a while for the 2020 bikes to get here from Thailand
Had a look at the VIN and there isn't a 19 or a 20

Thanks Jenny  :002:

The 10th digit in the VIN represents the model year.  On my 2016 Honda, that digit is a G.  Extrapolating, I think yours would be a J if its a 2019, or a K if its a 2020.


Offline Swanny

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 295
  • Country: england
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Nr Bath
Re: 2020 CB500X
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 07:00:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by VA-CB500X [+]
The 10th digit in the VIN represents the model year.  On my 2016 Honda, that digit is a G.  Extrapolating, I think yours would be a J if its a 2019, or a K if its a 2020.

It's a K  :002:
Life... It's Just a Ride  :305:

 


Recent Topics


victorious-backstage