Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: denali s4 + oxford heated grips install  (Read 351 times)

Offline charlybrwn134

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 cb500x
  • City / Town: bronx
denali s4 + oxford heated grips install
« on: February 21, 2020, 07:08:19 PM »
hello to all. I'm new this forum and find very useful for the do's and don't do's. I'm looking for an assurance that if i install the Denali s4 direct to battery and connecting my oxford heated grips through the rear option plug i will be safe. ill plan to connect with the Sumitomo MT090-2B 2pin . i have the 2016 CB500x. I'm a New Yorker also a motor ref for cycling races. any opinions  assurances would greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 07:17:37 PM by charlybrwn134 »

Offline Oyley

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
  • City / Town: West Bradford
Re: denali s4 + oxford heated grips install
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 09:05:57 PM »
Connect the Oxford grips straight to the battery as the current versions sense the lower battery voltage when the engine is not running and switches the grips off.
Dont connect lights straight to the battery as someone will likely switch them on and drain your battery...add a fuse box that has a second positive input that senses a 'live when ignition on' I think the aux socket under the seat does that or the socket at the front of the bike....I think that is..check though...2amp max.Someone here will know the answer.

Offline Steve T

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2020 CB500X
  • City / Town: Elgin
Re: denali s4 + oxford heated grips install
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 08:21:26 AM »
Ref the lights.

I've just fitted some Aux lights. I feed them power from the battery via a relay and a switch on the handlebars. The relay is tripped by power from the socket under the seat, that way the lights can only be powered up when the igniton is on and the handlebar switch is made.

Simple, just like me  :080:

Steve T

:018:
British Born
Rasied in Wales
Living in Scotland
Still British 1st though

Recent Topics