Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New soft luggage from Tusk  (Read 601 times)

Offline Twempie

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Seattle
New soft luggage from Tusk
« on: March 14, 2020, 04:40:24 PM »
Similar to Mosko Moto, probably heavier than Giant Loop, this appeared in my inbox the other day.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/l/Tusk-ADV-Bags?il_source=home&il_medium=main-tusk-adv-luggage

Offline VA-CB500X

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
Re: New soft luggage from Tusk
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 01:07:57 AM »
Those look very interesting. The price is very attractive.  Definitely worth investigating.  Thanks for mentioning.

Offline Oyley

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
  • City / Town: West Bradford
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 10:59:25 AM »
Those tank bags look very much like Giant Loop ones at a much lower price.. slightly less elaborate around the strap area.
Just to get things in proportion,a Tusk tank bag is only a few dollars less than a second Giant Loop harness for a second bike !

Offline ncroadtoad

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 CB500X
  • City / Town: Eastern NC
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 12:19:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by Twempie [+]
Similar to Mosko Moto, probably heavier than Giant Loop, this appeared in my inbox the other day.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/l/Tusk-ADV-Bags?il_source=home&il_medium=main-tusk-adv-luggage

Thanks for that post, these look interesting. I wish they made the Pilots with the quick release system.
Just damn happy to be here...

Offline VA-CB500X

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 03:33:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by ncroadtoad [+]
Thanks for that post, these look interesting. I wish they made the Pilots with the quick release system.

Yeah, the price and size of those Pilot bags are very attractive.  But the way the attach looks like it could be a bit fiddly.  Probably fine once you get it all arranged, but it will never be a quick release system. 

At $150 for a nice set of panniers, its a price-point compromise, I suppose.  And the inner waterproof liners can be quickly removed, so there is an acceptable workaround. 

Offline ncroadtoad

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 04:22:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by VA-CB500X [+]
Yeah, the price and size of those Pilot bags are very attractive.  But the way the attach looks like it could be a bit fiddly.  Probably fine once you get it all arranged, but it will never be a quick release system. 

At $150 for a nice set of panniers, its a price-point compromise, I suppose.  And the inner waterproof liners can be quickly removed, so there is an acceptable workaround.

I'm going to call them tomorrow and make sure that their Soft Luggage Mounts won't fit SW-Motech racks. If they won't, I might consider the Giant Loop Pannier Mounts, pricey though..  The other thing I'm going to do is mock up a cardboard box that's the dimensions of the Olympus Pannier Bags. Those really look nice, but I'm afraid they may be pretty big for the CBX. Also, subject of a separate post, I need to find out if the GL Coyote Saddlebag will fit over a rack that's mounted on the bike. My guess is maybe not..

Offline VA-CB500X

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2020, 04:42:44 PM »
...The other thing I'm going to do is mock up a cardboard box that's the dimensions of the Olympus Pannier Bags. Those really look nice, but I'm afraid they may be pretty big for the CBX.....

Same thought here on the size of the Olympus. 

Please let us know if you learn anything about compatibility etc.

Offline ncroadtoad

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2020, 04:44:48 PM »
Well the second question is answered, at least for me.  The Olympus bags would be WAY to big for the CB5X.  I'll let y'all know what Tusk Rocky Mountain tells me on the plates.

Offline LDesp

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Highland
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2020, 05:55:34 PM »
I'm going to call them tomorrow and make sure that their Soft Luggage Mounts won't fit SW-Motech racks. If they won't, I might consider the Giant Loop Pannier Mounts, pricey though..  The other thing I'm going to do is mock up a cardboard box that's the dimensions of the Olympus Pannier Bags. Those really look nice, but I'm afraid they may be pretty big for the CBX. Also, subject of a separate post, I need to find out if the GL Coyote Saddlebag will fit over a rack that's mounted on the bike. My guess is maybe not..

Did you take any pictures of the Olympus mockups? Curious if the Olympus would be too big on a 2019.

Offline ncroadtoad

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2020, 11:15:17 PM »
Sorry, I didn't. A actually didn't even get the box fully made before I realized that it was to big for me.  I guess "to big" is relative, but they would be pretty massive on a CB5X - IMO.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage