Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New soft luggage from Tusk  (Read 665 times)

Offline LDesp

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Highland
Re: New soft luggage from Tusk
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2020, 11:30:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by ncroadtoad [+]
Sorry, I didn't. A actually didn't even get the box fully made before I realized that it was to big for me.  I guess "to big" is relative, but they would be pretty massive on a CB5X - IMO.

Ok thanks for the feedback and opinion

Offline LDesp

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2020, 09:06:10 PM »
I contacted them asking about their pannier racks and mounts and fitment on a 2019/2020 CB500X and was told ....

"unfortunately we do not have these items listed for your bike. This means we do not have the specs for your machine on these."

Any recommendations on soft pannier racks that the Pilot bags or Olympus bags would mount to that fits the 2019/2020 ?

« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 09:08:36 PM by LDesp »

Online Oyley

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
  • City / Town: West Bradford
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2020, 09:12:09 PM »
Yeah. .the Rally Rain soft pannier racks with the optional  of a small rear rack.

Offline LDesp

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2020, 09:14:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by Oyley [+]
Yeah. .the Rally Rain soft pannier racks with the optional  of a small rear rack.

Ok thats good I was actually looking at the rally raid rack. Do you have some tusk soft panniers mounted on a rally raid rack at the moment? If so would you mind sharing your setup maybe some pics  :152:

Online Oyley

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2020, 09:25:10 PM »
I have taken delivery of the RR side and rear racks and hope to be fitting them this week...but a loose holding against the bike...they look just right, there are quite a few close up pics out there if you search.
As long as there is adjustment with straps that fit across the seat,I dont see a problem at all.
Be aware of the weight limit on the small rear rack...although I think the could be a relatively simple way of increasing that slightly 

Offline LDesp

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2020, 09:31:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by Oyley [+]
I have taken delivery of the RR side and rear racks and hope to be fitting them this week...but a loose holding against the bike...they look just right, there are quite a few close up pics out there if you search.
As long as there is adjustment with straps that fit across the seat,I dont see a problem at all.
Be aware of the weight limit on the small rear rack...although I think the could be a relatively simple way of increasing that slightly

Thanks for the info, what tusk bags did you end up with? Dont forget to take some pics of yours once it all setup  :152:

Online Oyley

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2020, 09:36:03 PM »
I dont have the Tusk bags but have a few others such as Kreiga and looking at some Enduristan Blizzards...The Tusk bags dont seem to be sold in the UK and as an individual the cost can be all cost twice with carriage...20% import tax and the carriers charge for handling such charge.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage