Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Giant Loop Coyote Fitment  (Read 240 times)

Offline ncroadtoad

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 CB500X
  • City / Town: Eastern NC
Giant Loop Coyote Fitment
« on: March 15, 2020, 04:30:23 PM »
Maybe Jenny or somebody else who's used the Giant Loop Coyote can answer this.

Do you think the saddlebag would fit over a pannier rack on the CB5X?  Specifically I've got the SW-Motech EVO rack.  In looking at the bag, it looks like it's a pretty tight fit over the seat.

Thanks
Just damn happy to be here...

Online Oyley

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
  • City / Town: West Bradford
Re: Giant Loop Coyote Fitment
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 07:39:31 PM »
My view on above would be a no, the Coyote is very narrow where it fits across the bike,I had an Urban GS and that seat is quite narrow at the rear and the Coyote was too narrow without it wanting to bend the pouches.
Its really designed for enduro style bikes dont consider the rear of the seat as passenger bearing, hence them being so narrow.
I did buy a Seat Concepts foam and cover the other week and whilst the same was placed on a stool I tried for fit the Enduristan Blizzard saddle bags and that fitted due to the adjustable straps...so they would be my personal choice with a roll bag on the top to increase capacity if required.

Online JMo

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X RRL2
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 07:42:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by ncroadtoad [+]
Maybe Jenny or somebody else who's used the Giant Loop Coyote can answer this.

Do you think the saddlebag would fit over a pannier rack on the CB5X?  Specifically I've got the SW-Motech EVO rack.  In looking at the bag, it looks like it's a pretty tight fit over the seat.

Thanks

Hi Toad - the Coyote fits pretty well over the stock grab handles on the CB500X, but it does fit even better if you remove those grab handles, as the seat on the CB is already appreciably wider than a typical dirt-bike/dual-sport seat as I'm sure you appreciate.

If you've got additional pannier racks (either with or replacing the stock grab handles), I think you're likely to be stretching the base panel of the Coyote even further, so it's going to end up sitting on top of, rather than over the sides of the seat if you see what I mean?

photo. This is the original Rally-Raid development bike, once it had been sold to a customer who then took it to South Africa and back.

For info. Juan Browne (Blancolirio on YouTube) has used his Coyote on top of the Rally-Raid side luggage racks (which replace the OEM grab handles) with good results, as has John from Rally-Raid himself... however, those racks are very low profile and close to the side panels - more frame style pannier racks for hard boxes are likely to stick out a bit too far for the Coyote to fit over.

Hope that helps?

Jenny x

It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Online Oyley

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
  • City / Town: West Bradford
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 07:52:30 PM »
Ah... ignore my last post...it was the Mojave saddle bags that I tried to fit...The Coyote is much larger,I should have realised as I have seen Juan's CB mods and adventures.. 
For those in England...if the bags were called 'Pennines' and 'Border Collie' I may have remembered the names 🤣🤣🤣

Offline ncroadtoad

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 CB500X
  • City / Town: Eastern NC
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 09:20:36 PM »
Thank you Jenny & Oyley. I appreciate the info.
Just damn happy to be here...

Recent Topics