Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Moto GPS, Does any body know a good one?  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Oyley

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
  • City / Town: West Bradford
Re: Moto GPS, Does any body know a good one?
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2020, 01:41:53 PM »
We are definitely spoilt nowadays...my first Garmin did not even have maps as such it did show major roads...no turn by turn or voice.
It struggled to keep your track on a road and displayed you crossing open ground then you suddenly leapt back onto a road...not necessarily the road you were on...just a random nearby one.I cannot remember the model as I must have had maybe twenty plus over the years..all Garmin with the odd mistake of buying a few Tom Tom units.
I bought the first Garmin a a show in Blackpool on a weekend and after a day or so of being shown as just about anywhere I called Garmin UK and asked what was this map data they were using that did not have a motorway that had been completed almost twenty years earlier and yet displayed railroad tracks that had been removed some forty years earlier ?
To my surprise a lot of the data was from American military maps from after WW2...they offered a refund which I accepted.
Definitely spoilt nowadays, and happy to be.

Recent Topics