Author Topic: Throttle adjustment by the engine  (Read 724 times)

Offline jsolsona

• CB500X Newbie
  • Topic Author
Throttle adjustment by the engine
on: March 25, 2020, 12:16:26 AM
Hi,

I put in new heated grips and I noticed that my throttle was really loose. I tried tightening it by the throttle and I maxed out and it's still a bit too loose.

Is there a way to adjust it further? I read in some forums that you could adjust certain bikes the throttle cable by the engine. Is it possible to do so in the CB500x 2020? I couldn't see anything in the manual about it.

I would like to be able to dial back the adjustment at the throttle since it's really maxed out and adjust it at the engine level so that I can have the micro adjustment at the throttle back.

Is that possible?

Thanks

Offline CBRDEAN0

• CB500X Pro
Re: Throttle adjustment by the engine
Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 10:22:14 AM
Yes - there is adjusters on the end of the throttle cables at the throttle body just like most other bikes.

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X God
Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 05:09:07 PM
it's a standard push/pull twin cable throttle, so you can make fine adjustments pretty easily. It's tempting to dial it in so you have zero slack but I found it more comfortable to have a touch of play.
Slacken lock nuts, wind cable adjusters out until you can just start to feel some action on the throttle slide then turn adjuster back a fraction. 

Offline adman

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: CB 500X PC64
Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 08:38:27 PM
As already described, you can adjust the throttle cable on the right side. It is helpful to remove the small side panel. Then you can loosen the lock nut with small hands and unscrew the adjuster. You then make the fine adjustment using the adjuster on the top of the handle.
A straight line is only the shortest connection between two curves ...

Offline jsolsona

• CB500X Newbie
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 09:20:04 PM
yes thank you!

On my 2020 I had to move my tank a bit to get to it, but I managed to adjust it. It's great once again.

:152: