Author Topic: Starter doesn't start the engine  (Read 885 times)

Offline timur

• CB500X Pro
Re: Starter doesn't start the engine
Reply #10 on: April 01, 2020, 05:40:48 PM
*Originally Posted by motorboy [+]
well with my last post I am now a Motorcycle
God and it only took two 500X's in five years-I have that warm and fuzzy feeling all over --good thing no fever so far :307:
Congrats! It must be fantastic:

Offline woody

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: CB500X
Reply #11 on: April 01, 2020, 07:07:43 PM
God and it only took two 500X's in five years-I have that warm and fuzzy feeling all over --good thing no fever so far :307:

God status you say  :800: :123: :129: :821:

.... Only 575 more post to go for me :169:

Offline CB-500-X

• CB500X God-zilla
  • Bike: 2014 CB 500 X
Reply #12 on: April 02, 2020, 02:20:46 AM

Ahm ...... first and only “God-zilla”  :007:

PS to the OP try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes, it might reset the light, if not then no harm done.
Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 02:36:51 AM by CB-500-X

Offline lorinter

• CB500X Newbie
  • Topic Author
Reply #13 on: April 02, 2020, 04:52:22 AM
Dear All, thanks a lot for your advice. I disconnected/reconnected the battery and the damn oil red light is still on. So it must be the oil sensor is stuck. I've tried to shake the bike, tip it on the opposite side almost to the ground, move the piston by pushing it in 6th gear. Nothing happened.
How to find this sensor? Where is it?
Cheers,
Lorenzo

Offline timur

• CB500X Pro
Reply #14 on: April 02, 2020, 07:25:26 AM
Lorenzo - oil light will be always on if the engine isn't running. Did you get to start the engine?

Offline glencoeman

• CB500X Pro
Reply #15 on: April 02, 2020, 09:15:27 AM
*Originally Posted by lorinter [+]
Dear All, thanks a lot for your advice. I disconnected/reconnected the battery and the damn oil red light is still on. So it must be the oil sensor is stuck. I've tried to shake the bike, tip it on the opposite side almost to the ground, move the piston by pushing it in 6th gear. Nothing happened.
How to find this sensor? Where is it?
Cheers,
Lorenzo
I think it is time to contact a Honda dealer as your bike knowledge is not good enough as there is very little chance of the problem being related to oil pressure (that's what the oil light shows and will light till the engine is running). Like I said before, it could be the lean sensor which is located above the engine rocker cover but would involve quite a bit of dismantling to get to it. A good shake of the lean sensor may resolve the problem as they are usually just a small ball bearing rolling around a small plastic box.

Offline davad2fl

• CB500X Member
  • Bike: 2013 cb500xa
Reply #16 on: April 03, 2020, 12:12:18 AM
I've dropped my bike like you did (bike stayed running) and after I turned it off it wouldn't start up again. Turns out  I broke the starter switch. Can you test to see if the headlight dims when you try to start your bike? If it doesn't i suspect a broken start switch. The headlight will always dim when you press the start button.

If it does dim; can you hear the fuel pump running? The pump will not turn on if there is a safety mechanism activated.

victorious-backstage