Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 93.3 mpg.......334.5 miles  (Read 9354 times)

Offline michae1636

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Re: 93.3 mpg.......334.5 miles
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 02:08:42 AM »
Hello all,
It is quite interesting to read your posts because your choice of words is unusual here in the USA. I may be purchasing an X tomorrow if my RT1100 sells tomorrow. I am encouraged greatly by the gas mileage reports here as it would help validate my purchase priorities. It is more of an adventure for me to join this "club" and "post" my comments, as I am an "old fart" to some (I have grandchildren), but a motorcycle I was practically born on and have been riding with great joy since the late '60s. I am excited about the X because of it's efficiency and think it is about time motorcycles had fuel injection. They seem to be so far behind cars in their technology and think they, as cars have been doing, could get smaller in cc's and larger in hp output. This bike and the NC seem to be the first headed in that direction. I don't like a HEAVY bike either! Thanks Honda for this bike!

Offline Bikerkev

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2013, 08:31:48 AM »
Hope ya BMW sells Mike, the x is a great little bike, I brought it to commute mostly,75 mpg easily possible and that mpg is what's paying for bike.. I do approx 800 miles a week so the saving I make on fuel pays for it, done 2000 miles now in 3 weeks.. Another huge plus is service intervals of 8000 miles, really wanted a v strom but 3500 service intervals meant I d be taking it in for service every 5 weeks!!! Which is not only costly but a pain time wise.. If your not planning too many miles I d consider v strom.. They still good for high 60 s mpg and a bit more go to them, lots of aftermarket parts available too at a reasonable price unlike the x so far.. And it's a big looking bike.. X looks 3/4 size beside it.. V strom would also be better for 2 up touring.. X is still a great little bike, but it is a little bike with little power. It's great if ya not into too much of a rush and for 95 percent of time I don't miss the power I had with last bike.. I ll run it this year as an everything bike and if I miss the turn of speed and acceleration I ll buy a second bike next year,

Offline michae1636

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 03:14:22 AM »
No it didn't sell. The guy liked it but said it was too small for him and his wife, which after seeing them both I would agree. I don't think they have many options to pick from in the motorcycle world!

Offline Bikerkev

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 08:54:30 AM »
Lol... Perhaps a gold wing.must be carrying some if they don't fit on a big Beemer

Offline Ski Days

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X (black)
  • City / Town: San Antonio, TX
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2013, 02:12:32 PM »
Alright, I have to be a skeptic but I'm thinking 93mpg is way off, even with light throttle, etc. Just wrapped up another 300 mile ride yestertday and was still holding strong at 64mpg. Granted some was 75mph highway and some hills but on the long flats, I'm not hitting 90+ unless its I've rolled all the way off the throttle.

Offline cornishrider

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X, T140V
  • City / Town: Torpoint
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2013, 06:09:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bikerkev [+]
Went up to Lake District I may, me on my zzr full hard luggage tank bag.. I gonna miss all that luggage capacity.. Mind you least I won't have to carry all my brother in laws gear for him any more.. Price of luggage and racks so far is mad.. I ve got a small givi top box strapped to back seat at mo for work. Not paying over 200 quid for rear rack.. Also brought givi 305 soft luggage.. Give it a look.. Comes with stiffeners so keeps it s shape.. Looks good for soft luggage..150 if I travel light perhaps small bag on top should be enough for long weekend away camping

I got a Hepco and Becker rack for 130 :-)
Time flies like an arrow
     Fruit flies like bananas

Offline Cam

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Black CB500x
  • City / Town: Sydney
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 12:45:39 AM »
Yep I am at 300km on the clock and down to two bars on the fuel guage, taking it pretty easy and cruisy riding.  Will post up what I get when I fill up soon!

Offline Bikerkev

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 09:13:45 AM »
It's not just bout short shifting gears, the most important thing is to be as gentle as ya can accelerating .. That's where the fuel is saved.. My commute is on a very flat part of the world in east Anglia.. I stuck to bout 70 mph where I could but lots of it was a lot less as it mostly single carriageway roads.. It's just all about gentleness and rolling off throttle early and trying to time ya roundabouts so ya dont stop n start to much and keep ya momentum going.. I can assure you the figures I posted are genuine and they even surprised me..but I was riding like a nun and it took huge discipline not to open her up now and again. I ve now done coming upto 2500 miles on bike in less than a month and have averaged 75 overall.. Check fuelly on web and look me up

Offline Bikerkev

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 11:15:02 AM »
And cam if ya look at irishrover on fuelly he averaging hi 80s on 3 fuel up s with a best of 89.9.. I m averaging 76 mpg on 9 fuel ups and that with one tank where I ragged the arse out of her and still got 67 mpg.. You ll get hi 70s without even trying

Offline chriswimm

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 09:50:50 PM »
I think there is a little confusion, UK (Imperial) gallons are 20% larger than US ones (4.54L vs 3.78L).

So 93mpg in UK gallons is about 77mpg in US gallons, still very good but sounds a little more reasonable since I can easily get 60mpg(US) on my brand new bike, once run in I would expect a further 5-10% increase, leaving a gap of around another 10% which I think would be down to riding style.

Recent Topics